Get involved in the activities of the congregation as often as you are able. Please regularly check your email and read the weekly current and the monthly newsletter for events and news of the congregation.
UUCSV depends solely on support by its members and sustaining friends. Each of UUCSV’s members and sustaining friends is requested to show his/her support through their presence, service and pledging. The expectation is that one joins as a member because of a desire to serve an active role in supporting the further development of UUCSV. Each member and friend accepts that the present and future of UUCSV is possible only through the time, talent and treasure of all, with the understanding that the ability to contribute these will not be the same for all.
Becoming a Member
Welcome! Once you have been attending UU services and may feel that UUCSV is your spiritual home, you may want to consider becoming a member. We are glad that you are thinking of joining our church community.
- Become a regular attendant at services for a period of time to get to know UUCSV and Unitarian Universalism.
- Contact the Membership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org or the minister: email@example.com to express your interest in joining.
- Attend the Becoming UU orientation class either before or after joining.
- Meet with a Membership Team member and the minister or a member of the Board of Trustees to receive a new member information packet and to sign the membership book.
- Complete and submit a membership survey which provides congregation leaders with your contact information and interests and indicates your preferred ways of presence and service within the congregation.
- Complete and submit a pledge card in order to present an annual financial pledge to UUCSV. Funds received support the work of our spiritual community. This information is kept strictly confidential between you and the UUCSV treasurer. Pledges for new members cover the time period from joining until the end of the fiscal year (June 30th).
- Your picture and a short biography will be posted in the monthly newsletter. New members are welcomed at a special Sunday Service usually held in June of each year. You will also receive a subscription to UU World, the magazine of the Unitarian Universalist Association.
Taking Your Leave
In order to remain a member, you are asked to participate in congregation life and make an identifiable contribution of record. Please let congregational leaders know if you no longer wish to be a member of UUCSV for whatever reason. We wish to honor your leaving as we honored your arrival.